Solutions Rx is a state-of-the-art pharmacy dedicated to the preparation of high quality compounded medications. With over 50 years of combined compounding experience, our staff of pharmacists, technicians and customer service representatives, have established a reputation among physicians for providing medications and advice that make a difference in the lives of their patients.
As a compounding pharmacy, Solutions Rx formulates combinations of pharmaceutical-grade ingredients, as prescribed by a healthcare practitioner, into specific dosage forms such as capsules, creams, gels, tablets, lozenges, suppositories, lollipops, oral solutions, nasal sprays and other forms. It is our compounding process, attention to detail, and quality of the compounding components that continues to make our formulations exceptional. We accept most insurance plans and delivery is available to all states where we are licensed.
Benefits of working with a compounding pharmacy include:
- Healthcare practitioners can prescribe medication specific to their patient’s individual needs instead of only having access to standardized, commercially available dosages, strengths and forms.
- Patients are less likely to experience side effects if their prescriptions can be tailored to their specific needs.
- Healthcare practitioners can more easily fine-tune or modify the dose or prescription as an individual’s needs change, or match an individual’s preferences and absorption abilities.
- Compounded prescriptions can be customized to different formulations that may be more efficient or easier to administer. For example, if a patient has difficulty swallowing pills, the compounding pharmacist may be able to formulate the medication as a cream or gel.
- Multiple prescriptions can be combined into a single dosage form for convenience and to ensure better patient compliance.
- Preservative-free or allergen-free prescriptions can be compounded for sensitive patients.
- Flavoring can be added to make drops and lozenges more palatable, if desired.
Areas of Expertise:
- Bioidentical Hormone Restoration for both men and women
- Natural Thyroid Formulations
- Discontinued Medications
- Compounding for patients with allergies to traditional fillers, dyes and preservatives.
- Dermatological Compounds
- Pain Management Formulations
- Pediatric Formulations
- Podiatry Formulations
- Sinus Preparations
- Wound Care Formulations
- Veterinary Compounds
Information About Our Owners
Angie Harris, RPhPharmacist Director, President, and Owner
Angie attended Samford University McWhorter School of Pharmacy and graduated in 1994 with her Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy and has accrued 25+ years of specialized compounding experience.
She began working with UAB Home Infusion Pharmacy as a Clinical Pharmacist coordinating home antibiotic therapy, hydration, and TPN orders, providing Medication Therapy Management and monitoring specific lab work, and coordinating patient care with other health professionals.
Angie then worked with UAB Hospital-1917 Clinic (Infectious Disease clinic for HIV positive patients) as a Clinical pharmacist in July 2006. Angie supervised pharmacy related activities for AIDS Clinical Trial studies (ACTG) and other Pharmaceutical Manufacturer Studies, supervised pharmacy related activities with Alabama Vaccine Evaluation Unit (AVEU) for HIV, and was involved with patient counseling for antiretroviral therapy and monitoring of therapy compliance.
Angie began working with Wellness Pharmacy of Homewood, AL in April 2000 as a staff pharmacist and was then promoted Quality Control Officer and IV Lab Supervisor (2003 – 2012) and again to Assistant Pharmacy Director (2004-2012). At Wellness, she consulted on specialized therapies involving training of other professionals and new formulation development. Also, Angie was involved in the development of new supplement formulations and provided periodic Professional In-Services for Pharmacy Staff.
In March of 2011, Angie started working with Solutions Infusion Therapy Pharmacy, sister company of Solutions Rx Pharmacy, where Angie worked as a staff Pharmacist and began working with Jeb and Scott to bring to life Solutions Rx Pharmacy, a specialty compounding pharmacy.
Beginning in April 2012, Angie has worked as Pharmacist in Charge, Owner, and President of Solutions Rx Pharmacy. She uses her experience and expertise daily to create quality compounds and formulations and provide excellent customer service to patients and physicians.
Jeb Mitchell, Pharm.D.
Jeb attended Samford University School of Pharmacy, Birmingham, AL, and graduated in 1998 with his Doctor of Pharmacy. Since that point in time, he has worked at UAB Home Infusion, Hug Center Pharmacy, and Solutions Infusion Therapy gaining over 13 years of injectable sterile compounding experience.
Scott A Ortis, RPh, MBA, MPH
Scott attended Northeast Louisiana University School of Pharmacy, Monroe, LA, and graduated in 1993. He received his Master of Public Health and Master of Business Administration from the University of Alabama at Birmingham in 2000. Scott brings +15 years of pharmacy experience and +10 years management experience including co-owning Solutions Infusion Therapy and Solutions Rx Pharmacy.